Faded Linens header  photo home_zpsa447d3c1.png photo about_zps6d562498.png photo shop_zpsfff1f9da.png photo diy_zpsed30b4b0.png photo homemaking_zps068e2b81.png photo adoption_zps31fe98cf.png

June Reading Update

During June, I had hoped to read 3 fiction books and 1 non-fiction book. I didn't quite make my goal, but I was close.

I read:

~Under the Northern Lights by Tracie Peterson


This is book number two from her Alaskan Quest series. Peterson engages readers in this book with the suspense of Helaina Beechman's and Leah Kincaid's kidnapping by Jayce's brother. I did not want to put this book down. I loved the suspense in this book. Jacob also begins to help Helaina change her views of Christ and her purpose of life in this book. Peterson continues to unfold the romance blooming between Jacob and Helaina leaving you an "unfinished" ending so you must read the last book in the sequel.  

I rate this book 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

~Whispers of Winter by Tracie Peterson
    
This is book number three from her Alaskan Quest series. Peterson concludes the series by highlighting the struggles of Jayce Kincaid and Jacob Barringer surviving in the Artic Ocean. Helaina Beechman returns to Last Chance Creek to find Jacob gone wondering if she will ever be able to express her love to him. Leah struggles daily with the separation from Jayce. She begans to doubt God's hand and guidance to bring her husband home safely to her and the twins.

I love to read Peterson's books. Since I just found her at the end of last year, I have several more to read from her.

I rate this book 4 stars out of 5.  


~Potty Training: The Potty Book Expert Guide To Hassle Free Results in 3 Days by Andrea Dillon

This was a free Kindle book. I ordered because I thought it might give me a little different insight to getting Owen potty trained quickly. Honestly, I wouldn't purchase this book if there was any fee associated with it. At the age of 12 months, Dillon suggested using pull-ups so your child will begin to associate pulling the pull-up up and down with underwear. I can't remember her other suggestions, but let me tell you, I did not gain one new suggestion or technique to try. The book was only about 5 chapters long, and a very short read in less than an hour.

I rate this book 1/2 star out of 5.

*Some notes about my to-read books: I decided not to read Three souls. I quickly grabbed it from the library noticing it was written by a Chinese author, and thought the cover looked interesting. After reading the description, I decided it wasn't for me at this time. I may revisit it later if I so choose.

My to-read July books: Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson, Hands Free Mama by Rachel Stafford, and Adoption is a Family Affair by Patricia Johnston

2014 Reading List
1. Rivers of Gold (February)
2. Shadowed by Grace: A Story of the Monuments Men (February)
3. One Farm Woman (March)
4. Inspiration to Pay Off Debt (March)
5. Canteen Dreams (April)
6. Sandhill Dreams (April)
7. Captive Dreams (April)
8. Lies That Make You Pay & Truths That Set You Free: A Mother's Guide to the Simple and Frugal Life (May)
9. Vintage: A Novel (May)
10. Summer of the Midnight Sun (Alaskan Quest #1) (May)
11. Under the Northern Lights (Alaskan Quest #2) (June)
12. Whispers of Winter (Alaskan Quest #3) (June)
13. Potty Training: The Potty Book Expert Guide (June)

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips