Faded Linens header  photo home_zpsa447d3c1.png photo about_zps6d562498.png photo shop_zpsfff1f9da.png photo diy_zpsed30b4b0.png photo homemaking_zps068e2b81.png photo adoption_zps31fe98cf.png

44 favorite moments



I had a birthday last month. I decided to make a list of favorite moments from the past year. It took me quite a stinking while to make a list of 44 specific "moments". These are my absolute favorites moments from the past year, and as I read each one, I can remember exactly how I felt with each moment. Many have happened hundreds of times, some just a few or only once. All are special.

1-leaving the library with a stack of books that I may or may not have had time to read
2-dropping off orders at the post office
3-Friday at 6 pm when everyone is home in the house
4-when Joci spontaneously tickles Sophie 
5-when one of the kids hold my hand
6-watching Owen ride a bike without training wheels
7-eating a salad from the garden
8-walking by and seeing Byron up late at night reading a book
9-driving by the wind farm and seeing the turbines spinning (It's what pays the bills.)
10-sitting down with Joe in the evenings watching a new show*
11-seeing Colt (our dog) heal from being hit by a car this past summer
12-tight hugs from the best hugger, Rylan, in our family (He just has an intuition when someone needs a hug.)
13-overcoming post-adoption depression daily, sometimes hourly. Pulling myself from a deep, dark hole that no one wants to experience. Not that this is a favorite moment that I have, but more so that I'm slowly overcoming it and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
14-Sophie's creative daily drawings
15-waking up to a clean sink most days of the week thanks to Joe
16-talking to my sister on the phone weekly, sometimes daily
17-laundry hanging on the line
18-watching a good you tube video or listening to a podcast on budgeting and/or finances
19-sharing a deep authentic love with Joe after 24 years of marriage 
20-sitting on the couch with Colt laying beside and on me 
21-watching Owen draw elaborate pictures from watching a you tube video
22-sharing a box of cookies or just a good conversation with Joci on our drives home from school on Friday afternoons
23-having pretty nails 
24-seeing my parents after being away for so long
25-watching Byron and Rylan eat peanuts without a reaction and completing oral immunotherapy
26-hearing Joci tell Sophie everyday after school "I'm waiting for my kisses."
27-watching the Western Kansas sunsets
28-purchasing our farm
29-seeing Rylan grasp a new math concept
30-seeing Joe work so hard taking on a second job to provide for our family to pay off medical debt and adoption debt
31-seeing Joci consistently have A's and no more than two B's in her classes after being homeschooled for 4 years
32-hearing Owen read a story
33-seeing family and cousins after not seeing them for awhile
34-seeing Sophie wear her pretend glasses to be "just like mom"
35-reading "Wonder" to the kids
36-watching Byron become responsible and taking on more household/farm duties
37-hearing Sophie talk about her China Mom & Dad and understanding that she has 2 moms and 2 dads 
38-taking a walk with Joe in the afternoon
39-having Owen want us to rub his back and sing him "Silent Night" every single night
40-having a lunch date once a month with Joe 
41-watching all three boys play soccer this previous fall
42-watching Sophie and Owen play outside 
43-letting my lips linger a little longer after a kiss
44-watching for King & Country in concert with Joci 

*over the past year that's been: Ozark, Reign, The Last Kingdom, The Ranch. Yellowstone, Birdbox, I Can Only Imagine, Wild Alaska,
and so many more that I can't remember 

**Post Idea from a blogger I frequently read 




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips