Faded Linens header  photo home_zpsa447d3c1.png photo about_zps6d562498.png photo shop_zpsfff1f9da.png photo diy_zpsed30b4b0.png photo homemaking_zps068e2b81.png photo adoption_zps31fe98cf.png

mount rushmore



While on our trip to South Dakota, we visited Mount Rushmore again. This was Joe & I's third time, and Joci & Byron's second time. Although they don't really recall the first visit because they were so young.




After Mount Rushmore, we did a little alpine sliding. I'll be honest, the ski lift 'bout gave me a heart attack. I didn't feel comfortable at all traveling up that rickety thing. I had Joci & Byron in my lift, and Joe had Rylan & Owen. When we got to the top, Joe asked how it was. He felt the same way. He felt that the lift was not safe at all, that there was too much open space on the seat. He wrapped one arm completely around Owen, and then held onto Rylan with his other arm. He said the boys could have just slipped right out of the seat. Other than that, they loved the slide!!!

Joe took Rylan with him, and sped down the slide. Byron went next. Joe said he was poking along, and had just arrived right before Joci did. Owen and I were last. There were times, we had to completely stop to get some space between us and Joci.


Joci and Byron could have picked up the pace a little more. Granted, they did just see a kid crash coming down the slide while we were going up the ski lift. I may have put a little fear into them telling them that they need to go a little slower. Joe feels they would have had more fun if they all could have just rode double with him.

Probably so, but I won't be riding that ski lift again anytime too soon. I would, however, walk stairs to reach the top of the slide, but I don't believe they had any.



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips