Faded Linens header  photo home_zpsa447d3c1.png photo about_zps6d562498.png photo shop_zpsfff1f9da.png photo diy_zpsed30b4b0.png photo homemaking_zps068e2b81.png photo adoption_zps31fe98cf.png

Parenting in the Summer

Parenting seems to be twice as hard for me in the summer as it does during the actual school year.
 
I'm not sure why the reason. I don't know if it's because our days really have no routine to them and I'm a little laxed in that department during the summer.
 
We've been letting the kids stay up later, so they're going to bed anywhere between 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. They really haven't been sleeping in much even when they go to bed later, and some days that leaves them a little grouchy. 
 
They seem to fight more with each other, and I'm sure it's because they're all 4 home during the day all the time.
 
They constantly want to be outside, but there are some days that I need to be inside to do some household chores, like laundry and cleaning. I'd be a little bit embarrassed if anyone unexpectedly stopped by the house.
 
They always want to be doing something: swimming, going to the park, going to the museum, etc. This is difficult for this momma, who likes to stay home most days.
 
However, I'm trying to make the most of it, because in reality, we only have 9 summers left with this little girl before she's off to college and away on her on. 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips