Faded Linens header  photo home_zpsa447d3c1.png photo about_zps6d562498.png photo shop_zpsfff1f9da.png photo diy_zpsed30b4b0.png photo homemaking_zps068e2b81.png photo adoption_zps31fe98cf.png

R's Checkup


This little guy had his checkup this week. He is 29" tall in the 75th percentile for his age, and he weighs 16.1 lbs. in the 3rd percentile for his age.

He has still been nursing every 2 hours at night, and one week, some nights, it was every hour. I couldn't handle it anymore that night----so, I went and made him a bottle of formula (leftover from the hospital). He chugged down 4 ounces and went back to sleep for 4 hours. Yes, I was finally able to get some sleep. The next few nights continued along the same pattern. Apparently, the little guy was not getting enough calories from the breastmilk.

Talked to the doctor about it this week, and he said "that's the difficult thing with nursing is we can't really tell if he's getting enough." The doctor didn't persuade me to use formula, said I could still nurse if I wanted (that's why I love that guy), but said "he could benefit from some extra calories".  He's now on formula, and I'm trying to wean him from nursing. I've definitely been getting lots more sleep. He's only up about once now during the night to eat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips