Faded Linens header  photo home_zpsa447d3c1.png photo about_zps6d562498.png photo shop_zpsfff1f9da.png photo diy_zpsed30b4b0.png photo homemaking_zps068e2b81.png photo adoption_zps31fe98cf.png

91108 Never Forget


Today marks the 7th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center in NYC and on the Pentagon in Washington, DC. It has been 7 years since that tragic day changed our nation forever. Do you remember where you were when you heard the news? I remember that evening being glued to the television thinking how is this happening. I remember watching individuals jump from the tower. I remember crying watching the emergency workers going through the aftermass to find survivors.

I remember, not even a month later, President Bush declaring strikes against the al-Qu'eda terrorist training camps and the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. His exact words still continue to stick with me this day; "We will not waver, we will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail. Peace and freedom will prevail."

As you go about your day, say a prayer for the 2794 people who died in the attacks, and also a prayer for the military men and women and their worried families who continue to serve our country in the Middle East.

Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me."
With peace and grace,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips